Join us VIRTUALLY for a webinar on Basic Financials for Start-Ups.
For many small business owners, the financial part of your business can be the most intimidating aspect, however, it doesn’t have to be! This webinar will teach the fundamentals of financial management for you, as a small business owner, to be able to create, interpret and share financial information that are critical to all business success.
• Understand why your financial statements and knowing your numbers are important to your business success
• Understand basic business financial terms to evaluate your company’s financial performance in order to make strategic decisions and meet your business goals
• Learn how to create, interpret and share your business’s financial statements to help fine tune your business
What we will cover:
• Basic business financial terms (eg., gross margin, break-even points, cost of goods sold, operating expenses, cash flow, profit)
• Basic financial statements with a focus on the importance of managing cash flow, looking at how to read a profit and loss statement, and understanding a balance sheet
• Start-up budgeting and how to create a financial projection
Who is this for?
• This webinar is best suited for someone thinking about starting a business, or solopreneurs/ small business owners interested in understanding the basic business financials for their business
About your host:
Melissa Ng, CPA works at Canada’s fastest growing Telecommunications company in Corporate Development, supporting a wide range of strategic initiatives related to the company’s growth across a broad spectrum of businesses. She has diverse experience in valuation and transaction management of significant business opportunities $100M+ in enterprise value, corporate financial reporting & strategic analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and identifying business process improvements. She has a passion for helping small business owners manage and improve their business finances to build a strong foundation for business growth, creating launch strategies to help entrepreneurs build their vision into reality, and enjoys teaching financial literacy.
In late 2019, she co-founded COUA Inc., along with her partner Christy Liu with the mission of helping early stage entrepreneurs leverage the digital space to build profitable and sustainable businesses through business strategy coaching, brand design and web development.